Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The Process Server and the Lawyer

Today I am meeting in the conference room with a client and alas I am buzzed.

The receptionist tells me there is a process server outside wanting to serve me personally. I thought nothing about it. Went out, and there I am served with the Notice of Application for Judicial Review of Peel Law Association and Melissa Firth v. Selwyn Pieters and Brian Noble, 61/11.

The Notice quarrels quite a bit with the Tribunal the most outrageous of which is "The Tribunal unreasonably based its findings of discrimination in a finding of credibility with respect to evidence relating ti irrelevant issues.

Since its a cold night I am *sipping hot chocholate*

Its very rare that Applications for Judicial Review succeeds. Lets see how this one unfolds.

In the meantime, if a junior lawyer with no more than one year of call is interesting in taking this case on for experience, I will gladly retain you, as it was an articling student one month into articling that successfully litigated Pieters v. Peel Law Association, 2010 HRTO 2411, [2010] O.H.R.T.D. No. 2398

No comments: